THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR FACE 2019. PLEASE CHECK BACK NEXT YEAR.
Announcing the FACE Scholarship Program
Fine Art Connoisseur is delighted to announce that four of its generous friends — Marion and George Howard, Casey Baugh, and Donna Cordova — have underwritten the scholarship program for the 2019 edition of the Figurative Art Convention & Expo (FACE). We are truly honored that these friends recognize how FACE helps carry the torch of realism onward to future generations and ensures that emerging artists are exposed to the techniques of the masters who will be teaching at the convention.
Scholarships will be awarded in three categories: Student, Educator, and Senior. Each of this year’s scholarship recipients will receive one free registration to FACE’s regular program (offered November 10–13, 2019); three room nights at the Williamsburg Lodge (exact dates to be determined later by the scholarship recipient and the FACE administrative team); and a travel-meal stipend totaling $300.
Two Student Scholars of the same gender will be expected to share a room that contains two double beds. Educator Scholars and Senior Scholars will have their own private rooms. This scholarship does not cover registration for the pre-convention workshops offered by Michael John Angel and Daniel Maidman (November 9–10), but it does include one Studio Pass (for the two-night studio experience on November 11 and 12).
Who Can Apply
- Students between the ages of 18 and 26 enrolled in a college art program, art school, academy, or atelier
- Art educators currently teaching painting, drawing, or sculpture full- or part-time in a college art program, art school, academy, or atelier
- Senior artists age 65 or older, either professional or amateur
- Study under great master artists
- Learn techniques often not taught in art schools
- Enhance your abilities as an artist
The deadline to complete and submit your online application is Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. There will be NO extensions to this deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The names of the winning applicants will be announced on Wednesday, August 22 at 12 p.m. ET.