What To Expect
The 3rd annual Figurative Art Convention & Expo (FACE) sponsored by Fine Art Connoisseur magazine will be held at the Williamsburg Lodge in Virginia November 10–13, 2019.
This is a full immersion experience for anyone who wants to learn (and talk) about figurative art with world-class artists who are living and working in this thriving field.
This convention and expo has become THE place where museum-quality masters gather to present, teach, and interact with every level of artist wishing to continue learning and growing on their own figurative art path.
What FACE Is:
FACE is a conference filled with demonstrations by top artists so you can observe and perfect your skills, enhance your quality (or begin your path) and accelerate your career by improving your painting and by an exchange and collaboration of ideas….everyone’s ideas are welcome and everyone arrives with a common goal: to learn and to advance the cause of representational art.
What FACE Is Not:
This is not a lecture-driven, theory only, yawn-all-day kind of event. It’s vibrant, fun, and upbeat. You’ll be among YOUR people. You’ll have time to put your new knowledge and skills into practice and you’re sure to leave having become a better artist than when you arrived.
The Whole Picture of Your Career
If painting or drawing is your career, we’re not only trying to make you a better artist by teaching from top masters, we’ll work with you on marketing and sales in our marketing sessions.
What You’ll See and Do:
The conference schedule is filled with demonstrations where you can see every detail and brushstroke on big screens.
You’re sure to enjoy all of the special moments and keynote speakers we have for you. One price includes everything in the conference (other than pre-convention courses and the Studio Pass).
There’s time and options for you to practice what you’ve learned:
- Paint on location: On opening day, prior to the opening ceremony, we’ll have costumed models on the grounds of Historic Williamsburg- all attendees are welcome to paint the models.
- All attendees are welcome to paint on the hotel grounds any time during the convention & expo.
- Studio Pass (Additional Fee): There are a limited number of spaces available for our Studio Pass which gives you private access to our studio. Studio space will be open during the evening hours, allowing you to work with a model and try out what you’ve learned. (Note: Models may be unclothed.) Mentors will be present in the studio during certain hours to offer ideas and pointers.
Studio hours are as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 11: Studio open 6pm-11pm WITH models & mentors
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Studio open 6pm-11pm WITH models & mentors
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Studio open 8am-4:30pm WITHOUT models & mentors to finish up your work
Note: Studio time may conflict with sessions you may wish to see.
Details and Extras:
Faculty styles will range from tight academic realism to painterly figures and portraiture, with some still life thrown in for good measure.
We’ll have a sampling of sculpture demonstrations brought to you by the National Sculpture Society.
Sessions go all day and into the evening hours. Take a look at the agenda.
Expect to leave with an improved understanding of the realism movement and how you play a part in it. Prepare yourself to leave having improved your own painting ability!